[CMake] add_custom_command rerun if arguments change via configuration

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:45:12 EDT 2008

I have a project that makes use of a add_custom_command that generates some
cpp files from a given input file.  The command can have different arguments
depending on some CMake OPTION variables.

If I change the option variables from the CMake GUI, configure and
regenerate the Visual Studio projects, are the add_custom_commands supposed
to be run again?  Currently they are not.

I would argue that the add_custom_command should be rerun if any of the
commands change via editing the CMakeLists.txt file or by a configuration
modification.

Has anyone come up with a mechanism to work around this issue?

CMake: 2.6.2
VS 2005 (32/64 bit)
WinXP 64

Thanks,