[CMake] SS12 and -xcode=pic32

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Oct 28 09:40:13 EDT 2008

George Neill wrote:

>> To set the record straight for others reading this in the future, please do
>> exactly what I suggested (which works) rather than trying something else.

Actually, to set the record straight, your approach is not good in this
case.  It will, as George points out, use the pic flags every where and
not just with shared objects.   This may or may not be what people want.
  Basically, George is trying to get around a bug in the Platform file
for CMake.   George if you could create a bug entry for this I would
appreciate it.   Also please include the version of the compiler when
this new flag started being used so the platform file can be made to do
the right thing.

Thanks.

-Bill