[CMake] GetPrequisites ldd regex incorrect (with fix)

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Oct 24 10:18:43 EDT 2008

Absolutely. Patches always welcome.
Linux is still my 3rd-most used OS, so I may not be the best one to invent
new functionality that's Linux-specific...

If the full path is available in ldd output, then the regex should match it
and avoid a future search. Otherwise, it should match just the library name
and then search for it in the (optional) paths provided as args to
get_prerequisites.

The "system" detection is kind of fuzzily defined, if you will. On the Mac,
stuff that's in "/System" or "/usr/lib" is considered a "system" library and
is expected to be available on any other Mac where you might install/run
your application.

The basic task is to identify prerequisite libraries that you would need to
copy to make your app work on another machine. If the libraries are going to
be available on another machine with the same path then they should be
considered "system" libraries for get_prerequisites purposes.

I will wait to hear a little more from you before I do any commits to CVS
HEAD... :-)

Thanks for the attention on this,
David