[CMake] FindBoost and gcc 4.3.2

Martin Apel martin.apel at simpack.de
Fri Oct 24 03:48:09 EDT 2008

Olivier Tournaire wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use boost in one of my project. However, cmake (2.6.2) does not seem
> to be able to find the libs. With the previous version of gcc (4.2.4),
> I did not have any problem. Here is what is in my CMakeLists.txt :
>
> # Find BOOST
> # SET( BOOST_LIBRARYDIR /usr/local/lib )
> SET(Boost_USE_MULTITHREAD ON)
> FIND_PACKAGE( Boost 1.36.0 COMPONENTS filesystem system thread )
> IF( Boost_FOUND )
> ELSE( Boost_FOUND )
>     MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "Boost not found ! Please set Boost path ...")
> ENDIF( Boost_FOUND )
>
> My first idea was to recompile boost with the new gcc version.
> However, I still have the problem. For info, here are the filesystem
> libs available in /usr/local/lib :
Hi Olivier,

I also had some trouble with FindBoost in the past.
Please check the output of 'gcc --version'. There used to be a bug
(7097), which misinterpreted the compiler version here. The bug is
marker as resolved
and it works for me, but if the version information of your compiler is
somehow strange, the problem might lie here. The output of my gcc 4.3.0
is "gcc-4.3 (GCC) 4.3.0", which works with CMake 2.6.2.

If this is not the problem, you will have to enter some MESSAGE lines
into FindBoost.cmake to find out what's going wrong.

Regards,

Martin