[CMake] Using cache in -P scripts?

Abe Stephens abe at sci.utah.edu
Thu Oct 23 14:05:08 EDT 2008

Hi, Thanks for the reply. But perhaps I should clarify--I'd like to
avoid using lots and lots of -D arguments. So instead of doing
something like this:

add_custom_command(
   output file1.cc
   command ${CMAKE_COMMAND}
   args -D var0="${cached0}"
        -D var1="${cached1}"
        -D var127="${cached127}"
        -P myscript.cmake
   )

It would be great if there was a simple way to just load the cache
within myscript.cmake. I think it would be possible to write a macro
to read in the cache file and parse it, but I'm curious if there is an
existing mechanism.

--Thanks
Abe