[CMake] Adding support for new languages to CMake

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Oct 16 22:08:48 EDT 2008

On 2008-10-16 18:08-0600 Eric (Brad) Lemings wrote:

> Where can I find info/tutorials on adding support for new languages to
> CMake?

The following is pretty minimal, but I think this is all there is at the
moment.

Look at Modules/CMakeAddNewLanguage.txt in the CMake source tree. Pick a
language you are familiar with and uses its support files in Modules and
Modules/Platform as a template for your own work. You may also want to look
at the CMake source code to confirm how CMake interacts with those various
language support files.  Ask for help on this mailing list when you run
into some difficulty.

Anyhow, the above steps were the method I used to put together my minimalist
CMake language support files for Ada at
http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/branches/test_cmake/test_ada/

Just out of curiosity, what language are you interested in supporting?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).