[CMake] CPack NSIS installer requires CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES entry?

Sam Baker sam.baker at bigfishgames.com
Thu Oct 16 16:25:07 EDT 2008

I'm using CPack (CMake 2.6.2) for the first time and I have a flat
install directory with my executable and some dlls. I want my start menu
shortcuts (Win XP) to run the executable from the install folder and not
from a bin subfolder. It appears that:

-          CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES only takes an executable filename
and always looks in the AppFolder->bin folder. Since I don't have a bin
folder I can't use it

-          I thought CPACK_NSIS_MENU_LINKS was the solution but I don't
see my menu links if I remove the CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES flag from my
CMakeLists.txt

-          If I add in a fake CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES entry, the NSIS
menu links appear but then I have an extra start menu command linked to
the bin folder that isn't needed or functional.

Is this the expected behavior or am I missing something?

I'm running the PACKAGE config from Visual Studio 9 Pro.

Thanks,

Sam

Big Fish Games, Inc. A New Game Every Day!