[CMake] ASM issue: regression from 2.6.0 to 2.6.2?

Emmanuel Blot eblotml at free.fr
Tue Oct 14 16:58:23 EDT 2008

On 14 Oct 2008, at 01:22, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>
> I'll have a look at it in the next days.
> Can you send a small example which fails ?

Don't worry, I think I found the root cause: the trouble seems to come
from the order of the SET(....) statement in the various
CMakeLists.txt files of the project.

I should say that I'm quite not sure about the order of such
definitions relative to the 'PROJECT' and other 'ADD_EXECUTABLE' and
'ADD_LIBRARY' statements.

I've reworked the declaration order and now it works for both 2.6-0
and 2.6-2

Is there any documentation about the order of such statements and the
difference between the various syntaxes, such as:

<CMAKE_C_FLAGS> vs.
@CMAKE_C_FLAGS@ vs.
<FLAGS> ?

as I'm really confused about these declarations.

Thanks a lot,
Emmanuel

ps: I can send you the pair of CMakeListst.txt files I use for this
project, if you want/need to.