[CMake] adding to variables within subdirectories

Paul Harris harris.pc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 01:08:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

In the root CMakeLists.txt, I have a variable - a list of files...

set( TRANSFILES )   ? how do i create an empty list ?

then i add a subdirectory
add_subdirectory(whatever)

and in whatever/CMakeLists.txt, i want to add some files...

file (GLOB CPPFILES *.cpp)

set (TRANSFILES ${TRANSFILES} ${CPPFILES})

and now, back in the root CMakeLists.txt, I want to do something on that
list of files...

qt4_create_translation(QM_FILES ${TRANSFILES} translation/app_fr.tr)

But, I find that whatever I do to the variable in the subdirectory is not
seen in the root dir... How should I do this ?

thanks,
Paul