[CMake] Object files: .o vs .obj?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Oct 10 13:01:57 EDT 2008

No, it doesn't make sense. Can you construct a minimal example that
demonstrates this?
If not, there must be something in your project files that differentiates
between in-source and out-of-source builds...?
Are you changing compilers based on in-source/out-of-source?

The in-source/out-of-source change should have no effect on the suffix used
for object files. Isn't the obj file suffix typically chosen by the
compiler...?