[CMake] [Paraview] Forcing a Qt version

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Oct 8 09:03:20 EDT 2008

Renato N. Elias wrote:

> Hi John, in my case I also tried to clean all files from my build
> directory (uncountable times) before changing Qt version, but it has not
> worked either (this screen shot was taken from one of my tries
> http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias/paraview/qt.JPG). The only thing that
> I have not tested was the hand edition of cache files. Something
> (probably me) must have messed up my system or CMake really have a big
> problem in distinguishing between different versions of the same library
> (especially Qt).
>
> I finally gave up in struggling with CMake and deleted the older version
> of Qt (it's easier to decide when you don't have options ;o). In fact, I
> was keeping version 4.3.4 in my machine just because I thought it were
> mandatory for ParaView 3.3.x compilation, and it's not (at least I
> haven't found any incompatibility yet).
>
> Anyway, bug or one more weirdness of the software's world...

I am 99% sure, that if you do this it will work:

1. put the correct qmake in your PATH
2. run cmake-gui or CMakeSetup  from the shell with the correct qmake in
the PATH
3. Select a new build directory (such that cmake prompts you to create
it), then configure

I have several versions of qt, and this works fine.

The idea is that the environment that you run CMake from should be setup
for the version of qt your are using.  Once CMake picks a qt, it can not
be changed.

-Bill