[CMake] (CPack) Separate packaging of subdirectories

0xd34df00d 0xd34df00d at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:22:00 EDT 2008

2008/10/2 Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>:
> 2008/10/2 0xd34df00d <0xd34df00d at gmail.com>:
>> Hi there!
>>
>> I have a project which consists of main application, few helper
>> libraries and some plugins, each of them is in its own directory with
>> own CMakeLists.txt and target. Targets are added using ADD_LIBRARY and
>> ADD_EXECUTABLE commands.
>> How could I instruct CPack to create separate binary packages for each
>> directory (or such target)?
>
> You may either try to use CPack Component:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack
> but it is not supported by many CPack generator [yet].
Most of all I'm interested in Deb generator. What's the most correct
solution for it?

> or you'll have to create several projects,
> one for part you want to package separately.
>
> The real question is why do you want to have so many different
> binary packages?
One is for main app, another two for some libraries shared among main
app and some other projects, others (virtually unlimited number) - for
plugins for my application.

--
  Rudoy Georg
  LeechCraft — http://sourceforge.net/projects/leechcraft and