[CMake] generating vdproj and vddproj deployment projects in visual studio

Clemens Arth clemens.arth at gmx.at
Sat Nov 15 12:00:53 EST 2008

Hi,

Recently I've written generators for building project files for smart
devices. Now I'm thinking about generating additional targets in cmake
to automatically create deployment projects for visual studio. I'm
talking about projects with "vdproj" and "vddproj" as file extension
that are, for some reasons, not in xml format and contain the
information to create cab archives for win32 and smart devices. Although
the combination between NSIS and cmake seems to work quite well and
solves the problem for generating installers for win32 I don't see a way
to use this functionality for smart devices.

I think it should be quite easy to write a function which generates such
a file, but I'm not sure where this functionality should go and how to
integrate it into cmake in the right way. Because the existing commands
and options will not do the trick I believe the solution should be using
a new command like add_deploysetup(NAME CONTENTS). Can someone give me
some hints how to do this or can add some comments on this?

Regards
Clemens