[CMake] How to find GetPrerequisites.cmake ?

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 12:19:17 EST 2008

David Cole wrote:
> This line:INSTALL(SCRIPT "${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH}/GetPrerequisites.cmake")
>
> doesn't really do anything at "make install" time.
>
> GetPrerequisites.cmake just defines a bunch of functions. You have to
> include it and then *call* some of the functions for it to do anything
> useful.
>
> So, you should write your own cmake script that gets called at "make
> install" time and then include GetPrerequisites.cmake and call some of the
> functions in it... presumably to install other prerequisite libraries as
> well.
>
> Does that make sense?

Yes, thanks. I must admit I wasn't sure how GetPrerequisites is used,
and I haven't yet had time to look into further. I had cut-n-pasted
that line from something that Bill Hoffman posted once in the
pious hope that it would magically do all the work for me somehow.

Are there any examples available that show real life usage
of this module ?

--
Regards

Steve Collyer