[CMake] CPack DEB Packaging: Automate dependency resolution

David Graf david.graf at 28msec.com
Sat Nov 1 07:44:39 EDT 2008

Hello

Currently in my project, I provide all dependencies for DEB packaging in
CPack by setting the variable CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_DEPENDS. Is there a
possibility to automate this process (similar to the behavior of the
CPack RPM packaging mechanism)?

As far as I understood it correctly, such a mechanism must be
implemented with the Linux tool 'objdump' to get the dependencies of
shared libraries. I already thought about implementing my own script to
get these dependencies of my shared libraries automatically. But first,
I wanted to make sure that I do not reinvent the wheel. Especially
because I found the following entry in 'CPackDeb.cmake' next to the
dependency section:  ' TODO: automate 'objdump -p | grep NEEDED'.

David