[CMake] linking static libraries

Eric Torstenson eric.torstenson at mac.com
Fri May 30 18:06:28 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm running an application that uses a handful of semi-standard
libraries (freetype, libpng, zlib). Before I switched over to cmake, I
was linking to the static version of those libraries, and my app seemed
to run fine on machines as long as it was a recent version of linux.

However, since I've switched to cmake, I've begun getting complaints
that the binaries are no longer compatible. They are getting floating
point exceptions just running it without arguments (which just prints
out the typical help stuff).

The most likely culprit is an .so file that isn't quite right.

I've gone over the manual, but I don't see a way to tell
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES to prefer static over dynamic? I really can't ask
these folks to recompile the software, since we are talking about 5 or 6
dependancies (including cmake itself, since I'm using 2.7)

Thanks for any help,

eric