[CMake] CMakeLists for Hans-J. Boehm garbage collector

David Genest david.genest at gmail.com
Thu May 29 10:21:11 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am converting a project from autotools to CMake which has a dependency on
the the Hans B. GC library. I was wondering what would be the best way to go
about converting the GC library. This library already comes with a set of
makefiles for different platforms (NT_MAKEFILE, BCC_MAKEFILE, etc, so I was
not sure about creating CMakeLists.txt.

If I keep the existing makefile build framework, would I have to code
platform specific sections in my projects CMakeLists.txt in order to use the
correct makefile depending on the platform ? I suppose I would have to call
explicitely the correct make (nmake) for the platform.

Or better, I was wondering if there was a set of CMakeLists.txt for the Hans
B. garbage collector.

In the end, I would think that a CMake build would remove all these
makefiles for different platforms and thus be the best solution. Maybe this
work could be submitted to the maintainers

What do you think ?

David