[CMake] to_cmake_path/to_native_path oddities

Axel Roebel Axel.Roebel at ircam.fr
Thu May 29 09:52:32 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 28 May 2008, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Axel Roebel wrote:
> > Hi Bill,
> >
> > Ok I see you mean running the windows binary from the command line.
> > However,it does not work with unix makefiles.
> > It uses windows paths in a unix makefile.
> > I don't see in which situation this could be useful.
> >
> > I get
> > rec-1320: (build) 334> make
> > libfft/src/CMakeFiles/fft_static.dir/build.make:53: *** target pattern
> > contains no `%'.  Stop.
> > make[1]: *** [libfft/src/CMakeFiles/fft_static.dir/all] Error 2
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > The makefile is actually invalid.
>
> That is a bug in the cygwin make.  I have patched the upstream make and
> the next major release of make will work fine.  Until then, you can
> replace your cygwin make with this one:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/files/cygwin/make.exe
>
> (Search the cygwin mailing list for the full discussion if you are
> interested...)

Hi Bill,

very fine. Using the patched make.exe everything works perfectly.
I scanned the discussion on the cygwin mailing list a bit.
I see this was not easy to preserve the support of windows drive letters.
Thanks a lot for having pushed this issue through the different levels
of make developers.

Axel

--
Axel Roebel