[CMake] Support of Qt Designer source code generation in Visual Studio...

Iwan Dobbe j.g.dobbe at amc.uva.nl
Thu May 29 03:11:14 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm using "Visual Studio 8 (2005) C++ with Qt4 integration" (MSVS/QT IDE) on a Windows XP platform. I started creating my application in the standard way with <File><New><Project><Qt application>. This gives me Qt Designer support that creates and/or shows the accompanying source when a double click on a widget. It is possible to right-click on a widget and select "Connect signal..." to create the source code for that specific signal.

Now I'm trying to use CMake to create a solution file that gives me the same behavior in my MSVS/QT IDE. At this stage compiling and linking is ok, so the program works. However, when using the integrated Qt Designer to edit UI files, double-clicking on a widget does not create or show me the accompanying source code. It is possible to right-click on a widget and select "Connect signal..." but again no code is shown or generated in the accompanying H and CPP files.

Does anybody know what attributes I should add to my CMakeLists.txt file to include source code generation in my IDE?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Iwan Dobbe