[CMake] to_cmake_path/to_native_path oddities

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed May 28 14:17:47 EDT 2008

Axel Roebel wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Ok I see you mean running the windows binary from the command line.
> However,it does not work with unix makefiles.
> It uses windows paths in a unix makefile.
> I don't see in which situation this could be useful.
>
> I get
> rec-1320: (build) 334> make
> libfft/src/CMakeFiles/fft_static.dir/build.make:53: *** target pattern
> contains no `%'.  Stop.
> make[1]: *** [libfft/src/CMakeFiles/fft_static.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> The makefile is actually invalid.

That is a bug in the cygwin make.  I have patched the upstream make and
the next major release of make will work fine.  Until then, you can
replace your cygwin make with this one:

http://www.cmake.org/files/cygwin/make.exe

(Search the cygwin mailing list for the full discussion if you are
interested...)
>>> I would like to, but I actually can't in cmake. I think this is a problem
>>> of cmake.
>> What error do you get?
>
> ???
> I don't get an error, there is simply no function to convert a windows path
> into a unix path. I understand I have to make my own macro.

I meant why do you have to convert the include path?  (Ahh, could be
related to the make issue above...)

-Bill