[CMake] C++ and FORTRAN

Allen Barnett allen at transpireinc.com
Wed May 28 09:03:46 EDT 2008

Hi: I have a project which consists of a C++ main and a set of FORTRAN
computational routines which I'm trying to build on windows XP. I'm
using visual studio 2008 (VC9) and the Intel FORTRAN compiler (10.1) on
IA32. I'm also using CMake 2.6 patch 0.
If I generate NMake Makefiles, everything works correctly; both the C++
main and the FORTRAN subroutines are correctly compiled and linked.
However, if I generate a visual studio 2008 project and try to build it
within the GUI, the FORTRAN object is not compiled. (I have to admit
nearly complete ignorance about how visual studio works so this is very
likely a case of operator error; but it looks like no compilation
directives are created for the FORTRAN source file.)
I attached some files which emulate my project. Any guidance would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Allen