[CMake] Finder repository

troy d. straszheim troy at resophonic.com
Mon May 26 08:08:33 EDT 2008

Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> The easy way to sort that problem is let it solve by itself: if there
> are 5 FindBoost.cmake in CMakeForge, I'd probably go for the
> most-downloaded one (or the most-used one, if cmake-popularity-contest
> is implemented).
>
> Talking about Boost, now that Boost is moving to CMake, has anyone asked
> them to "bless" FindBoost.cmake? (AFAIK they don't provide one yet)

Hi,

Just to be clear, boost isn't 'officially moving' to CMake:

[from boost at lists.boost.org]
> Please note that we are not proposing to replace the existing bjam-
> based build system in Boost. The CMake-based build system will be
> developed alongside the existing build system. We will not speculate
> regarding any future Boost policy decisions regarding build systems.

Anyhow the cmakeable boost is under active development and very usable
at this point.   The current boost release (1.35.0) is available in cmakeable form.
Details:

   http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/CMake

we'd be glad to see boost users/cmakers on the boost-cmake list: