[CMake] Runtime directory / staging question

Andreas Fredriksson deplinenoise at gmail.com
Mon May 26 02:20:39 EDT 2008

Hi list, first post here.

I'm converting a software project to use CMake and while doing so I
realized it the old visual studio projects wrote their output with a
suffix to a common directory, so executables for different
configurations would live side by side (foo_d.exe, foo_r.exe).

I know how to do the suffix thing (<CONFIG>_SUFFIX in the target
properties), but I can't seem to get all build variants to end up in
the same directory. If I set the runtime_output_directory option
globally, everything is placed in configuration-names subdirectories
such as <intended-dir>/<CONFIG>. Is there any way to lose that
configuration-named directory?

I'm using 2.6.0 by the way.

Thanks,
Andreas