[CMake] Disabling IF strict checking

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Sat May 24 09:46:02 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Eduardo Alberto Hernández Muñoz <
coz.eduardo.hernandez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >> I am wondering if there is a way to disable checking that the ELSE and
> >> ENDIF arguments need to the the same as the initial IF. For example,
> > [...]
> > This is the default in CMake 2.6, you don't need to specify the statement
> in
> > the endif.
>
> Thanks!
>
> I'm running on Cmake 2.4.8, and I was wondering if there was any
> reason to upgrade to 2.6.0, seems like I found one :p

Actually, you can use the CMAKE_ALLOW_LOOSE_LOOP_CONTRUCTS variable on CMake
2.4.8 to get the same effect, so technically you don't have to upgrade to
get this feature.  You should still upgrade of course, I'm just mentioning
this if you need backwards compatibility with CMake 2.4.x or can't
immediately port to 2.6.0.

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables#Various_Options

--
Philip Lowman