[CMake] Bump -- CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX weirdness.

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu May 22 18:58:18 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-22 16:36-0500 kent williams wrote:

> I'll ask this again.
>
> We use a build system that for better or worse, invokes cmake from a
> Makefile to configure ITK, VTK, KWWidgets etc.
>
> In other words we have a command invoked from gnu make that looks like this:
> cmake  /scratch/kent/brains2/iplFreeware/unpackdir/Insight
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/scratch/kent/brains2/MACOSX/DEBUG/src \
> -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH:BOOL=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Debug
> -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:FILEPATH="c++ " \
> -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=" -bind_at_load  -g -UNDEBUG -Wall
> -Wcast-qual -UITKIO_DEPRECATED_METADATA_ORIENTATION "
> -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING=" -bind_at_load  -g -UNDEBUG -Wall
> -Wcast-qual -UITKIO_DEPRECATED_METADATA_ORIENTATION "
> -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING=" -bind_at_load  -g -UNDEBUG -Wall
> -Wcast-qual -UITKIO_DEPRECATED_METADATA_ORIENTATION "
>
> etc etc etc.

The two things I notice with the above are (a) you use an absolute path to
point to your top-level source tree (which I think is OK, but I don't use
that), and (b) your path-to-source is out of order.  It should be the last
part of the command according to my experience and also the cmake man page.

I would suggest putting your -D options first, then the path to your source
tree (absolute or relative) to see whether that solves your issue.  I am
actually surprised the -D options were even recognized part of the time with
them being placed incorrectly after the path.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).