[CMake] [ctest] junit xml output

Maik Beckmann beckmann.maik at googlemail.com
Thu May 22 04:09:16 EDT 2008

Am Montag 19 Mai 2008 13:22:21 schrieb Maik Beckmann:
> Hi,
>
> I thinking about working on ant's junit xml format as a secondary output
> format of ctest.  This way it would be much more convenient to integrate
> ctest results into one of the java centric/compatible dashboards.

[snip]

> An option may be distributing a ctest_to_junit.xsl file, but teaching it to
> ctest makes it much more easy to use.

I think the xslt road is the best bet.  A c++ code solution would result in a
much higher complexity and most likely to a much higher memory footprint.

The xslt processor can be treated similar to the other tools like cvs and svn,
which gives ctest the chance to do some error checking.

As mentioned the ctest codebase does require some cleanups.  Is there a main
developer for ctest who is the right one to discuss those cleanups?

Best,
 -- Maik