[CMake] cmake 2.6 and find_library with MinGW generator

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed May 21 03:29:35 EDT 2008

> Von: Hendrik Sattler
> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> > during your new warning when mixing libs in target_link_libraries
> > (CMP0003) I changed target_link_libraries(foo ws2_32) to
> >
> > find_library(WS2_32_LIBRARY ws2_32)
> > target_link_libraries(foo ${WS2_32_LIBRARY})
> >
> > but now cmake finds ws2_32.dll in system32 instead the correct one
> > (ws2_32.dll.a / ws2_32.a) in mingw dir.
> Set the LIB environment variable to the MinGW lib dir. While you are at
> it, do the same for INCLUDE.
> This is comparable to the setup for cl.

Also they solution is clear I don't like it. MinGW doesn't care about LIB (otherwise it wouldn't link against ws2_32.a) so why should cmake do in this case?
The problem is the new warning - it suggest that a simple find_library would do the job but it doesn't - it breaks compilation. Looks like this warning is the first one which I'll disable by default. Maybe also in kde4/win because it's imho useless when linking against system libs (on windows).

Christian