[CMake] CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX, CMAKE_POSTFIX

Edson Tadeu e.tadeu at gmail.com
Tue May 20 17:48:35 EDT 2008

Hi,

  Is there any variable that resolves to ${CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX} when in
Debug build, to ${CMAKE_RELEASE_POSTFIX} when in Release build, etc.? Note:
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is not specified... this must be resolved  at build-type
selection in the solution (i.e., msvc). I've searched the Cmake tree for
"postfix", but couldn't find this variable... (i'm guessing it should be
something like CMAKE_POSTFIX or CMAKE_CURRENT_POSTFIX).

  The only thing I could find was this internal variable in cmTarget.cxx:

    std::string configProp = cmSystemTools::UpperCase(config);
    configProp += "_POSTFIX";
    configPostfix = this->GetProperty(configProp.c_str());

Thanks,
 Edson