[CMake] cmake 2.6.0, breakages

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon May 19 09:56:46 EDT 2008

On 19.05.08 17:40:13, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:
> * Andreas Pakulat (apaku at gmx.de) wrote:
> > You can do this stuff much more easily with a plain Makefile.
> Not quite. CMake lets me write those 16 lines of CMakeLists once,
> and `cmake . && make' will work on most *nix systems not requiring
> any changes even if source files are renamed/added/deleted.

Well, yeah compiler detection is not that easy with plain Makefile.

> > > Agreed. But I still see it as a bug that cmake uses srcdir ==
> > > builddir AND includes it's own files into glob when doing GLOB.
> > If you think so, you should open a bugreport.
> I guess I will. GLOB_RECURSE may not be the best way to specify
> project sources, but it matching anything under CMakeFiles/ is certainly
> not what user would expect.

Actually as a CMake user I would expect exactly that. GLOB_RECURSE not
looking in certain directories because of their name is completely
broken behaviour, what if I have sources in there that I want to
compile?

Andreas

--
Look afar and see the end from the beginning.