[CMake] MinGW and cmake issues...

Werner Smekal smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
Sun May 18 07:10:45 EDT 2008

Hi Phil,

> GCC version is this:
> S:\software\packages\utility\build>gcc -v
> Using built-in specs.
> Target: i386-pc-mingw32
> Configured with: ../gcc-4.3.0/configure --prefix=/mingw --disable-nls
>[...]
> --enable-concept-checks
>  --enable-shared
> Thread model: win32
> gcc version 4.3.0 (GCC)

you are using the >alpha< release of MinGW which you shouldn't do, if
you don't want to test this compiler. According to the announcement:

Warning: This is an alpha testing release. That means the build may
contain major missing functionality and serious bugs, including silent
incorrect code compilation.

I would propose that you uninstall this compiler, run the MinGW
automated installer again and this time choose the MinGW 3.4.5 compiler
toolset, which is proven to work well with CMake and is very stable. You
should have no problems then. Don't forget to make sure, that all gcc
4.3.0 related stuff was deleted.

Regards,
Werner

--