[CMake] Fwd: how to install files outside /usr in rpm?

Erik Sjölund erik.sjolund at sbc.su.se
Mon May 12 09:12:06 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 13:40 +0200, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2008/5/7 Timenkov Yuri <ytimenkov at parallels.com>:
>
> > Also, bunch of problems with building from non-root account, can be solved by
> > setting CPACK_SET_DESTDIR option.
>
> You are right and I think we can make this the default behavior for CPäckRPM.
>
> I did file a bug+patch for this:

Following that link, there is a nice example of installing files
outside /usr in an rpm.

esjolund at otto:/tmp/y$ rpm -qlp /tmp/y/myscript-1.0.rpm
/opt
/opt/sbin
/opt/sbin/myabsolutescript
/usr
/usr/local
/usr/local/sbin
/usr/local/sbin/myscript

But if I have an additional requirement that a normal user should be
able to install the software in his home directory like this,

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/erik /tmp/myscript-1.0-src && make &&
make install

I get the error:

----------
CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:40 (FILE):
  file cannot create directory: /opt/sbin.  Maybe need administrative
privileges.

Is there a way to a the same time fullfill these needs?
* the need to install files outside /usr in an rpm
* the need for a non-root user to be able to install the software in his
home directory?

cheers,
Erik Sjölund