[CMake] How to create and execute new configuration like debug/release.

no name niezgod at gmail.com
Mon May 12 05:44:27 EDT 2008

Hello.

1. Actually my first question is simpler. How can I generate makefiles for
debug/release configurations (which as far as I can understand should be
possible in default)
I am generating makefiles with a command :

cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug .

then when I execute mingw32-make with created makefile and it seems to
ignore enything regarding debug configuration. If I generate makefiles with
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release genereted makefiles are exactly the same.

2. How to create new build type? For now I have this
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#How_can_I_extend_the_build_modes_with_a_custom_made_one_.3Ffrom
cmake faq which should solve the problem when I'll be able to generate
DIFFERENT makefiles for those configurations.

3. Is it possible to generate one makefile with separate targets for
debug/release/myconfiguration ? The one that I could use like:

make debug
make release
make my_configuration

I am using cmake version 2.6.