[CMake] Retrieving a named argument from a list

Eric NOULARD eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu May 8 16:03:17 EDT 2008

Le Thu, 8 May 2008 10:08:37 -0500,
"George Neill" <georgen at neillnet.com> a écrit :

> Eric,
>
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Eric NOULARD <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >  Just for sake of information when I need such feature
> >  in an home-brewed MACRO I do use the
> >  PARSE_ARGUMENTS macro defined here:
> >  http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMakeMacroParseArguments
> >
> >  which relies on LIST_CONTAINS MACRO defined in
> >  http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMakeMacroListOperations
> >
> >  those "old" MACROs may be replaced by builtin LIST operation
> >  as shown at the end of the Wiki page.
>
> Well, that's exactly what I was looking for and is pretty close to
> what I came up with.  I wonder if it's a possibility to have that
> useful macro included in future CMake distributions?

I'm not a person who can decide this but I agree
it would be worth including in CMake distro.

Before that those MACROs needs to be pruned in order
to avoid duplicate function with current CMake 2.6 LIST builtin command.
Then one (you or me for example) should file something
like  "feature request" for including the macros file to CMake distro.

Then I think for each such module Kitware may require
a "maintainer" just like for FindXXX:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake:Module_Maintainers

Can anyone at Kitware and/or CMake official developer
tell us if it's worth requesting inclusion of such MACROs file or
is it better to request a new builtin feature for LIST?

--
Erk