[CMake] Setting "Link Library Dependencies" Flag in VS 2005

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon May 5 07:52:03 EDT 2008

Malhotra, Anupam wrote:
> Hi Bill
>
> I opened the .vcproj file being generated for my project in edit
> mode.Below is the section where the link library dependencies flag is
> being set:
>
> <Tool
> 	Name="VCLibrarianTool"
> 	LinkLibraryDependencies="false"
> 	OutputFile="E:\Nightly Build\Visual Studio 8
> 2005MT\core\client_library\output\MT\$(OutDir)\sntlsp_lsadmin.lib"
> />
>
> Note that I want to set this " LinkLibraryDependencies " flag to true
> using CMake. How can I achieve that?

Right now I don't think you can.  What does this flag do?  The help is
somewhat terse in devenv...   It says "specifies whether or not library
outputs from project dependencies are automatically linked in."  What
exactly does this do for you?  There maybe a more portable "CMake" way
to do the same thing.   Exactly what is your use case?  Can you describe
a very simple project and how it uses this flag?

-Bill