[CMake] install target

Alin M Elena alin.elena at qub.ac.uk
Mon May 5 04:15:33 EDT 2008

Hi Yuri,

> Not exactly, I suggested using add_custom_command. add_custom_target
> doesn't set proper dependencies, instead it always runs at install time.

The problem with using add_custom_command is tge fact that I have to add the
OUTPUT.
The target being generated by a third party tool (eg doxygen) is difficult to
know it before hand. The fact that it always runs at install time is only a
theoretical issue in this case. doxygen checks proper and generates only out
of date documentation.

> Moreover, I don't think it is cross-platform way, because it may not work
> for
> VisualStudio or similar generators.
In my case this is not an issue. I do not use VS. I will try to get some time
and test it on windows.

I will be glad to see any other solution.

Alin

 "...if the universities will not study useless subjects, who will?"
                           G. F. Fitzgerald, Nature, 45/46, 392 (1892)
Mr. Alin M. ELENA
Atomistic Simulation Centre
School of Mathematics and Physics
Queen's University Belfast