[CMake] What is the best autotools ==> CMake conversion script?

Pierre Joye pierre.php at gmail.com
Sat May 3 05:10:43 EDT 2008

Hi Alan,

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 4:43 AM, Alan W. Irwin <irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
> I have an opportunity to help convert a rather large software project from
>  autotools to CMake, but I don't have much time/motivation to do all the
>  routine conversions from autotools syntax to CMake syntax so I am hoping
>  there is a script out there that will do most of that work.
>
>  I did use such a script from the KDE project years ago for the PLplot
>  conversion, but it was fairly immature at that time.  Thus, I hope it has
>  been improved or there is something better now.

Our SoC student (Alejandro Leiva Rojas, gloob on #cmake in freenode)
works on converting the php build system to cmake. We will also work
on a script to do the convertion (using the KDE one as base, thanks
Alex to point us to it :). I'm not sure how much work we could share,
but it may be worth a try :)

Cheers,
--
Pierre