[CMake] Including third party libraries

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri May 2 11:09:41 EDT 2008

GetPrerequisites.cmake is intended to be used from inside a CMake -P script,
although there's nothing to prevent you from using it from a CMakeLists.txt.
You could write a .cmake script that executes at install time to gather up
the list of (presumably copy-able) 3rd party libraries and copy them into
the install tree...

I am working on a similar script for embedding dylibs into .app bundles on
the Mac. I am trying hard not to make it too Mac-centric in the hopes that
it can be generalized to Windows, Linux and maybe more in the end.

Is there anything beyond copying the libraries that you would want in such a
script that would make it "more elegant"...?

Thx,
David