[CMake] Can't set CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS ?

Convey Christian J NPRI ConveyCJ at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Thu May 1 13:04:39 EDT 2008

I'm using cmake version 2.7-20080501, and I'm having trouble setting CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS.  Any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong?

Here's my CMakeLists.txt file:

SET(CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER "/usr/bin/f77")
SET(CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS "-fno-backslash")
PROJECT(CASS-4.1 Fortran)
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(bistatic)
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(latex)

When I run cmake, and then use ccmake to inspect the cache file, I find that:
- I did successfully force the compiler to be f77 rahter than f95.
- The variable CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS is still blank.

I get this behavior even after removing any extant CMakeCache.txt files and CMakeFiles directories.

Thanks for any suggestions.

- Christian