[CMake] Unwanted quoting of $

Jarl Lindrud Jarl.Lindrud at towersoft.com.au
Sun Jun 29 20:40:21 EDT 2008

| So what do I need to do to pass a $ character through to Visual
Studio, without the quotes? I’m using cmake 2.6.0 .

Just $$. I had the same problem and googled it here:
http://marc.info/?l=cmake&m=120043575105964&w=2

- -Wojciech

I tried that and it doesn't work either. I've also tried cmake 2.4.8, no luck with that either. I'm using the VS2008 generator.

Essentially, this means that it is impossible for me to get the following string into the compiler command line, as seen in Visual Studio:

/FU $(FrameworkDir)/v2.0.50727/System.dll

Whether I use ADD_DEFINES or SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES, and regardless of any cmake escaping mechanism I've tried (e.g. \$, $$), what I get in Visual Studio is

/FU "$"(FrameworkDir)/v2.0.50727/System.dll

Strangely, if the $ is part of a /D compiler switch, then it _is_ passed through verbatim. But not for any other compiler switch.

This appears to be a bug to me. Should I file it somewhere?

Regards,
Jarl.

--
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. TRIM Context is the perfect place to store vital e-mails for future reference.

TOWER Software Web Site: http://www.towersoft.com

This e-mail message (and attachments) may contain information confidential to TOWER Software. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or message attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of TOWER Software, are not given or endorsed by it.

Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.
http://www.mailguard.com.au