[CMake] Generating import libs

Alexander.Camek at elektrobit.com Alexander.Camek at elektrobit.com
Wed Jun 25 07:52:10 EDT 2008

Hi all,

First of all thanks for the great tool.

I am using here cmake in combination with GNAT (Ada) under Windows and MinGW. The support of Ada for cmake was made by Alan W. Irwin who made my life much easier.

As I wrote in an earlier mail to the list I noticed that Cmake generates during build static and dynamic libraries. Then I was corrected by others of the list because the libraries interpreted as static ones were originally the import libraries for some dlls.

After some inspection I noticed that these import libraries are generated automtically by cmake. But these are only generated for the dlls which are written in C or C++.

My question is how can the same behaviour made for Ada, so that the import libraries are also generated automatically for the dlls written in Ada? Explicit it could be done by adding -Wl,--out-implib. But I want to avoid to add this for every Ada written dll, because it is compiler dependent and maybe some developer forgets to add this to his CMakeLists.txt.

Thanks for any hint you can give.

Best regards

Alexander Camek

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.