[CMake] Generating source code packages with Windows line endings

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 14:46:07 EDT 2008

On Monday 23 June 2008 19:26:36 Mike Jackson wrote:
> Could you list off the top of your head some of the tools that have
> given you trouble? I have never run into the line ending issues yet
> but I may in the future. I would be good to have an idea what tools
> will NOT handle unix line endings.
Notepad.

You may think I'm joking but it becomes surprisingly annoying to open an e.g.
CMakeLists file in Notepad and have it be unreadable so you have to open it
up in another tool.

Can't think of anything else I actually use that has that problem but
the "default Windows editor" doesn't like them.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur