[CMake] Generating source code packages with Windows line endings

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Jun 23 13:58:18 EDT 2008

On 2008-06-23 12:45-0400 David Cole wrote:

> The Windows source package is built on Windows with Windows tools.
> Similarly for the Unix source package.

That procedure obviously works for the CMake release manager, but in my case
it won't work since I don't have access to Windows.  From your response it
also sounds like line endings are not something CPack handles at the moment
so if I decide to make a Windows line-ending source release I will do it
with the available Unix tools.

The remaining questions concern whether it is the usual thing for Windows
users to be able to figure out line endings on their own? Do the CMake
developers consider their separate source release with Windows line-endings
a minor courtesy, major courtesy, or a necessity for their Windows users? Or
in retrospect is it just confusing to users to have source package versions
with different line endings?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).