[CMake] MAC OS X bundles

Matthias Riechmann riechmann at ira.uka.de
Fri Jun 20 11:46:22 EDT 2008

Hi,

what exactly do I have to do to successfully build my applilcation as a
MacOS X bundle? So far I used the parameter "MACOSX_BUNDLE" for the
ADD_EXECUTABLE command and set a lot of properties using the
MACOSX_BUNDLE_* variables. The result is indeed a directory with an
".app" extension with my application inside. But this is where my
problems begin: My application is dependand on several libraries (Qt,
ITK, VTK) and these libraries are not found when executing my application.

While digging in the internet I found out that the problem is related to
the "install_name" option of the linker that tells the application where
to find the libraries and some rpath issues. I discovered a lot of
controversary hints on this topic so now I'm completely clueless.

Isn't all I have to do telling the linker to let my application search
for the libraries in a certain path, say
"@executable_path/../Frameworks"? If it is, how do I do it? If it is
not, what do I have to do to get my aplication finding the libraries?

Matthias

--
Dipl.-Inform. Matthias Riechmann
Institut für Prozessrechentechnik, Automation und Robotik

Fon: +49 (721) 608-4049
Fax: +49 (721) 608-7141

Web: http://wwwipr.ira.uka.de/~richmann