[CMake] Changes to NMake Makefiles generator in 2.6?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Jun 18 13:33:56 EDT 2008

Ted Berg wrote:
> Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> I took a quick look, and it maybe the command line length.  The
>> link.exe line is 35906 chars long.   CMake is not going through the
>> shell but using the CreateProcess function.  There maybe some limit on
>> that.   I will continue to try and figure this out.  It maybe that the
>> extra /MANIFESTFILE:QtVivoxSDK.dll.intermediate.manifest
>> QtVivoxSDK.dll.embed.manifest.res  added to your link line for
>> handling of incremental linking and manifests was the straw that broke
>> the camels back.  That extra stuff was not added in 2.4.
>>
>> In the mean time, I would recommend that you use add_library to create
>> a static library that the executable links against.  That should fix
>> the problem and work for 2.4 and 2.6.
>>
>> -Bill
>
> Thank you for the info.  I'll try the static lib route.
>
> Ted

OK, I have checked in a fix.

hoffman at CORRIN ~/My Builds/CMake/Source
udio linking" cmake.cxxupport large object file lists with incremental
visual st
Committer: Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>
/cvsroot/CMake/CMake/Source/cmake.cxx,v  <--  cmake.cxx

CVS CMake should work for you now.  I will make sure this is in 2.6.1.

-Bill