[CMake] eclipse nmake include folders

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Tue Jun 17 12:07:14 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Mehdi Rabah wrote:
> Hi CMake folks,
>
> As always, I'm very impressed with the work you've done since the last
> version. I got my project working in Eclipse with the microsoft compiler in
> no time.
>
> About the Eclipse NMake generator : I suppose cmake have some default
> include folders (like "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 9.0\VC\include"). Is it possible to ask cMake to add these folder in my
> eclipse project setting ? For now, I see the folders that I explicitely
> added with include_directories, but I would like to have them all by
> default. The goal is to have the eclipse automatic completion working with
> the STL, without extra configuration steps.

Hello Mehdi,

I'm glad that you find the Eclipse generator useful!

Currently, for the NMake generator one needs to have "sourced" the
vsvars32.bat file to set up the environment so that cmake can find the
tools etc. Since, the user sources this file at CMake time and then
this environment will not be available when running eclipse, I put the
the values of: PATH, INCLUDE, LIB, and LIBPATH into the .project file
under

dictionary -> org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.environment

I suppose that what you want is to put the INCLUDE variables content,
also in the .cproject in the:

<pathentry include ...>

or something like that, right? If it is something like this, it should
be easy to incorporate.

Ok, if you give me the details of the "extra configuration steps" that
you need to do to make the automatic completion with STL work, I can
add it to the Eclipse Generator.

It would also help if you could send me the .project/.cproject files
generated by cmake in a clean build, and the .project/.cproject after
the "extra configuration steps".

Thanks,
--Miguel