[CMake] Copyright.txt

Pierre Joye pierre.php at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 03:56:23 EDT 2008

hi,

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Pierre Habouzit <madcoder at debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 06:54:17PM +0000, Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> Bill Hoffman wrote:
>>
>> >When is the feature freeze?
>>
>> I just checked and no file in the QtDialog has the old license in it.
>> They all refer to the one here http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Copyright.html
>> which is pure BSD.   So, there should not be a problem, as this is the
>> only app that is part of CMake that uses QT.
>
>  Qt binaries _are_ GPL, and the qmake gui is a derived work, hence it
> really causes problems. GPL also covers binaries, not only sources.

If the GUI is under the (new) BSD License and the sources are
available, there is no issue to use the GPL QT. The new BSD license is
compatible with the GPL (as of v2, no idea about v3). It is not really
useful for a company willing to use the GUI in a proprietary product
because of the GPL dependency (but if it removes this dep, no problem
anymore).

Cheers,
--
Pierre