[CMake] CPack STGZ install directory

Eric NOULARD eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 15:38:31 EDT 2008

Le Mon, 9 Jun 2008 03:08:58 +0900,
"Daniel Stonier" <d.stonier at gmail.com> a écrit :

> 2008/6/9 Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>:
>
> > 2008/6/8 Daniel Stonier <d.stonier at gmail.com>:
> > > I've been trying to set the default install directory for cpack
> > > with the stgz generator and a binary package build. However,
> > > nothing I do seems to affect it - it uses a default of the
> > > present working directory. I'd like
> > it
> > > to default to /usr/local. Is there any way to do this?
> >
> > Did you tried to change CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
> > when running cmake/ccmake/cmake-gui
> >

>  Aye, tried configuring CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to no avail.

OK in fact I had never used STGZ before (only TGZ and TBZ2)
STGZ seems to default to current working directory as a prefix
OR you_NEED_ to specify the prefix when you invoke the script:

cd /go/to/STGZ_dir
./youFavoriteSoftware-Linux-x86_64.sh --prefix=/usr/local

that is the prefix does not seem to be embedded inside the archive
__ but again I'm no STGZ expert __ and don't know how it is supposed
to work.

./youFavoriteSoftware-Linux-x86_64.sh --help
will give you informations.