[CMake] cmake 2.6.0 - eclipse CDT - lib project

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 19:35:28 EDT 2008

There is an option in the "Build" settings of your Eclipse Project in
the "Behavior" tab where you can tell eclipse to compile on N number
of threads. You can also directly set the "-j [n]" option by using a
custom build command.

As far as Debug and Release in the same project, Not sure. Probably
depends on how you set up the project. I think there is an Eclipse
Project generator in CMake 2.6. Give that a try and see what happens.
I usually use cmake to generate the makefiles, then have eclipse just
use that make file to build. You should probably just setup 2 build
directories for debug and release and then manually switch between
them in eclipse project settings. Maybe in the project build
configurations in the eclipse project you can setup 2 custom build
commands and then just point each custom build command to each of the
2 directories.

As far as the import of the Lib project, don't know. Again, I use the
"Makefile Project' in eclipse and find that works ok.

Mike

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Olivier Tournaire <olitour at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently tring to import a cmake generated project in eclipse. This
> project is a lib, and eclipse does not seem to be able to load it.
> Everything works fine when importing an executable project
> (File>Import>General>Existing project>End). When importing my lib project,
> The "end" button in unavailable. Is it a known problem or am I doing
> something wrong ?
>
> Another question : how to set in CMakeLists.txt an option to build on N
> cores ? That is to say the equivalent of the -j option (which is now also
> supported by MSVC, from 2005 version) ?
>
> Last one : is it possible to create a CMakeLists.txt which handles a Debug
> and a Release configuration in the same project in eclipse ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Olivier

Mike Jackson
imikejackson _at_ gee-mail dot com