[CMake] Getting the number of processor

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:46:01 EDT 2008

2008/6/3 Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com>:
> Goal: be able to automate the -j flag option for make. In my ctest
> script I would say:

> IF("Unix Makefiles")
>  GET_NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS(numproc)
>  SET(option "-j${numproc}")
> ENDIF("Unix Makefiles")

If you are using GNU make may be you can let make handle the load with

make -j -l 4.0

see:
-l [load], --load-average[=load]
            Specifies that no new jobs (commands) should be started  if  there
            are  others  jobs running and the load average is at least load (a
            floating-point number).  With no argument, removes a previous load
            limit.

I think it would be more effective in you goal is to speed-up the build.

I know I'm not really answering the question but :=)

--
Erk