[CMake] Supressing progress output in 2.6

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Jun 3 12:41:58 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 03 June 2008, you wrote:
> Sorry for the late answer!
>
> On Monday 19 May 2008 00:47:36 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Friday 16 May 2008, Martin Lütken wrote:
> > > I am a happy user of the Kdevelop generator.
> > > But since 2.6 I get a lot of uninteresting progress output even when I
> > > set to "Minimal output" in kdevelop output window.
> >
> > Hmm, this should work.
> > With cmake 2.4.x, always-VERBOSE makefiles were generated. Now with cmake
> > 2.6 "regular" makefiles are generated and "make VERBOSE=1" is called.
> > So both should print the whole verbose output.
> >
> > And with the same kdevelop version you can set the log style to "very
> > short" and this works with cmake 2.4, but not 2.6 ?
>
> Yes. Now with 2.6 I get very verbose output no matter the setting in
> KDevelop. I even get different progress messages wich in 2.4.x never was
> part of the output even on the "Full Compiler Output" in KDevelop.

Very strange.
If you go to Project -> Project Options -> Build Options -> Make, you should
see that "make VERBOSE=1" is used for building. If you remove the "VERBOSE=1"
it won't be verbose anymore.

> > Which exact version of kdevelop are you using ?
>
> I am using 3.5.1. Do I need version 4 ?

No.
I'm using 3.4.1 here, maybe the parsing was changed in kdevelop between 3.4.1
and 3.5.1. I'll test tomorrow with my kubuntu machine, I guess there is a
newer version of kdevelop installed.

Alex